Kills 99.9% of microorganisms that spread diseases! (virus, bacteria, molds, yeasts)
- Quick and effective - without touching infected surfaces
- Works where chemical treatments are ineffective
- Portable and easy to use
- Powerful 15-watt UVC bulb for quick surface scanning
- Chemical free
- Lightweight and portable for ease of use on a wide variety of surfaces
- Safety switch limits light exposure to skin and eyes
- Long-life bulb lasts up to 8000 hours
- Commercial grade with durable powder coating
- Made in the USA
- Cardboard Packaging
- Plastic Bags and Containers
- Food containers, fruits and vegetables
- Mail, newspapers and small packages
- Countertops and Tabletops
- Computer Screens and Keyboards
- Cell phones, tablets, laptops
- Bathroom and bedroom surfaces
- Toys and personal items
- Doorknobs, doorbells, handrails, seats
- Dimensions: 18" x 4.5" x 5"
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Wattage: 15W
- UVC Wavelength: 253nm
- Radiation Intensity: 500 μW/cm2 from 3” distance
- Lamp length: 18"
- Voltage: 120V AC Only
- Cord length: 10'
The SaniPure UVC 15 from California Lightworks is a specially designed UVC light which kills virus and bacteria on surfaces such as cardboard boxes, plastic containers, countertops, tabletops, doorknobs, toys, computer screens and keyboards. This is the perfect alternative to chemical surface treatments to quickly kill virus, bacteria, fungus, mold spores, yeasts on a wide variety of surfaces.
UVC light has long been used as an effective disinfectant for water, air and surfaces in hospitals and commercial operations as a substitute for chemical treatments. The SaniPure UVC 15 is designed for both commercial and home use and features a high power UVC bulb in a lightweight portable fixture.
WARNING: UVC LIGHT DAMAGES SKIN AND EYES. ALWAYS USE PROTECTIVE EYEWARE AND GLOVES.
- How Does it Work?
When a living cell is exposed to UVC light, the organism’s DNA, RNA, and proteins absorb the radiation. This inactivates the DNA and causes the cell walls to rupture.
Viruses and bacteria are based on DNA. This means UVC light effectively inactivates these pathogens. Simply put: UVC kills germs.
Now, this is not a new or experimental science. Many industries have been using UVC light for large-scale sanitization for years. Hospitals use UVC to sterilize medical equipment. Casinos use it to eliminate airborne bacteria and viruses from the air in their crowded facilities. Even backpackers use UVC light to purify river water so they can safely consume it.
2. Is UVC Light Safe to Use at Home?
Yes, it is perfectly safe for use at home and in the office; however, never point it at anyone’s skin or eyes. As an added precaution, the SaniPure comes with protective gloves and glasses.
Important Safety Guidelines:
While it is perfectly safe to store and use a UVC light in your home, you should follow some basic safety guidelines. UVC radiation can damage skin and eyes so it must be used with caution. Our SaniPure UVC fixtures is designed with a momentary switch so it’s not turned on accidentally.
Never point the SaniPure beam at human skin or eyes. The light comes with protective glasses and gloves. Wear these items every time you use the light to sanitize an object in your home.
3. How do I use the SaniPure UVC 15?
The SaniPure is incredibly easy to use. Just plug it in and slowly scan the light across the surface you wish to sanitize. The surface is disinfected in a matter of seconds.
The SaniPure is best used on solid surfaces with no shadowing. It works on just about every material from granite countertops to cardboard and plastic packaging. Unlike liquid chemical products, you use UVC light to safely disinfect electronics including keyboards, touchscreens, and phones.
The SaniPure also allows you to reach those tricky nooks and crannies in toys, keys, and television remotes.
Step-by-Step use instructions:
- Put on the protective gloves and glasses (included).
- Plug in the device.
- While pressing on the red button, hover the light about 1-3 inches above the surface you wish to sanitize.
- Slowly scan the beam across the surface.
- To effectively kill pathogens, surfaces need to be exposed to the UVC light at this intensity for a minimum of 10-15 seconds.
4. What makes the SaniPure UVC 15 Unique?
California LightWorks is not the first light manufacturer to create a sanitizing UVC light. However, they are leading the way when it comes to designing this technology for versatile in-home use.
In the past, professionals across several industries have used UVC radiation to sterilize medical equipment, water, and even the air in commercial facilities. However, UVC technology hasn’t been available to the general public for much more than small devices created to sanitize smartphones.
The SaniPure is different. This device is light enough to be held in one hand but large enough to quickly scan sizable surfaces. The lamp is 15 watts, providing powerful radiation that kills viruses and bacteria within seconds. It’s also priced competitively, adding up to significant savings over time, as households spend less on consumable disinfecting products.