King COB 480 Watt Professional Series High Coverage COB LED Grow Light
Combining all the best elements from both LED and CMH grow lights, the King COB 480 Watt Professional Series High Coverage COB LED Grow Light offers lower heat, increased energy efficiency and a 3000K single wavelength with broad spectrum coverage.
LED grow lights have been touted as a superior choice for growers due to their ability to provide full spectrum light combined with minimal generation of heat, a winning combination for plants. The problem has always been with how the LED’s achieved this broad spectrum: by combining multiple color wavelengths. Unfortunately, multi-wavelength LED’s have the potential to leave gaps in light coverage, since each individual diode (the semiconductors that allow for the flow of current) is graded at different intensities and wavelengths. But the King COB 480 watt professional series grow light uses a single 3000K wavelength that offers broad spectrum light coverage to ensure maximum plant growth potential. The 3000K wavelength is near enough to the warm spectrum to provide sufficient backing to flowering plants, yet contains enough of the cool spectrum to support plant growth during the crucial vegging season.
While some growers may have initially assumed that the hype surrounding 3000K wavelengths was unfounded, those that have tested them out have found they are a fantastic step up from the traditional multi-wavelength LED grow lights. By switching to a full spectrum King COB professional series high coverage grow light, growers can utilize just one light for the complete plant growth cycle, with no need to swap out MH or HPS bulbs like you would need to with HID grow lights.
The power of the King COB high coverage COB grow light comes from the 8 adjustable 60 watt light bars, with each bar containing 9 x ‘chip on board’ diodes. COB diodes are an ultra-efficient upgrade for LED grow lights, offering superior lumen output and decreased heat generation. Each of these COB diodes contains a 6 watt chip and 60° lenses, which produces a more focused beam of light for your plants (rather than the light diffusing and losing potency as it travels down to the plants). The movable bars can be easily repositioned to either increase light intensity on a concentrated area or alternatively, diffuse light over a larger space.
- Generates less heat for increased energy efficiency
- Uses a single 3000K wavelength that offers broad spectrum light coverage
- Growers can utilize just one light for the complete plant growth cycle
- 8 adjustable 60 watt light bars, with each bar containing 9 x ‘chip on board’ diodes
- Bars can be repositioned to either increase light intensity or diffuse light over a larger area
- PowerInput: 85V-265V AC
- LEDQuantity: 72x Ultra-Efficiency COB (Chip on Board) Diodes
- ChipWattage: ~6w per diode
- Spectrum: 3000K
- PowerConsumption: 480W
- LensAngle: 60°
- Housing: Full Aluminum Housing
- Dimensions: 35in (L) x 35in (W) x 4in (H) (90x 90x 11cm)
- Waterproof: IP65 (water resistant in humid, indoor growing environments- not waterproof [i.e. not to be submerged in water])