Complete with a combination of high pressure sodium and metal halide bulbs, the Yield Lab 400W HPS+MH Air Cool Hood Reflector Grow Light Kit is a fantastic setup for growers looking to grow plants indoors and all year round. Offering a greater level of control over growing conditions, the Yield Lab air cool hood reflector kit includes:
- Yield Lab 400W High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Bulb – 1 year warranty: With 30% more blue color wavelengths, the HPS bulb assists with the process of photosynthesis and stops plants from shooting up too fast (which results in spindly stems). The Yield Lab 400W HPS bulb is suitable for all Heliophile plants which prefer longer periods of sunlight, including camellias and roses.
- Yield Lab 400W Metal Halide Bulb – 1 year warranty: With a color temperature of 5,500K, this metal halide bulb is best suited to the vegetative stage of the plant growth cycle. The Yield Lab metal halide bulb is an optimal choice for plants in the propagation stages and is particularly suited to lettuce, herbs and other green, leafy plants.
- Yield Lab 400W Digital Dimmable Ballast – 3 year warranty: The stand out feature of this digital ballast is the dimmer control which allows the heat output to be significantly reduced on warmer days. The dimmable feature also allows for greater control of lumen intensity, with the ability to increase output in the latter stages of the growth cycle. The inbuilt safety features protect growers from overheating, ignition failure and both open and short circuit issues.
6” Yield Lab Air Cooled Reflector Hood – 1 year warranty: The air cooled reflector hood is constructed from galvanized steel with a protective powder coating to guard against corrosion in humid environments. Manufactured with sponge seals surrounding the lens cover, the 6” Yield Lab reflector hood is 99.99% airtight and has been especially designed to increase airflow for improved cooling function.
- Complete Digital Installation & 12 Week Grow Guide: Each Yield Lab Grow Light Kit comes with an easy-to-follow installation guide that walks you through setting up and using your brand new grow light. Our 12 Week Indoor Grow Guide will show you how to maintain a healthy indoor grow room including lighting and feeding schedules, pH and PPM levels, and optimal environmental conditions like temperature and humidity.
The Yield Lab HPS+MH air cool hood reflector grow light kit includes 1 x HPS bulb, 1 x MH bulb, 1 x digital electronic ballast, the air cooled reflector hood , ceramic socket, a hanging ratchet kit and a free timer . This set up is completely silent when operating; this effectively eliminates that annoying buzz associated with some grow light kits.
- Combination of high pressure sodium and metal halide bulbs.
- Offers a greater level of control over growing conditions.
- Dimmer control allows the heat output to be significantly reduced on warmer days.
- The inbuilt safety features protect growers from overheating and ignition failure.
- Manufactured with sponge seals surrounding the lens cover so the hood is 99.99% airtight.
Yield Lab 400W High Pressure Sodium Bulb:
- Power: 400 watts (High efficiency)
- Lifespan: 24,000 hours
- Lumen: 55,000 lumens
- Color Temperature: 2,100K
- Certification: Pass UL and CE Certificate
Yield Lab 400W Metal Halide Bulb:
- Power: 400W (High efficiency)
- Lifespan: 10,000 hours
- Lumen: 36,000 lumens
- Color Temperature: 5,500K
Yield Lab 400W Digital Dimmable Ballast:
- Certification: UL, CE, RoHS
- Power: 400 watts
- Amperage: 3.6Amps @ 120V / 1.8Amps @ 240V
- Protection Functions: Open circuit protection, short circuit protection, ignition failure protection, overheat protection
- Specified Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Working Voltage Range: 120V/240V (240V wire not included)
- Cord: With a 8-1/3ft. power cord to wall (US standard plug)
6" Yield Lab Air Cooled Reflector Hood:
- Reflector Dimensions: 19" L x 17" W x 8" H
- Hanging Hardware: Matching V Hooks for easy hanging
The little touches impress me the most. The retainers that hold the glass are bent in a way that both holds the glass pane in place AND supports it from the bottom with the thumb screws knurled for easy tightening. The ratchet cords are amazing and a relief from the pulley and rope affair I've used for years that always made me a bit nervous when pulling on the rope and securing it to a hook on the wall. One simply lifts up on the cord and the light is raised effortlessly as little or as far as one wishes. The ballast is so quiet it gives the grow room a serene feeling instead of the buzzing from my old one that always irritated me, plus it doesn't weigh as much as a small car .-). Nice finish on it and the dimming feature combined with the plug in cord and feed lines make it convenient to use and move. Last but not least is GROWACE wasn't satisfied with just using the beautiful white finish on the hood as a reflector, it has a pebble finish aluminum insert for maximum refraction. Oh, and a high quality timer which I have a half dozen of already but not as nice as the one that is provided.
This review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the great customer support I received from both Earl and Eve in the chats and emails addressing my concerns. With a one year warranty one really has no worries dealing with this fine company. Shipping was within the stated time and packaged nicely with the exception of one of the bulbs which was loose in the box and failed almost immediately but was replaced the day I brought it to their attention.
Yield Lab 400W HPS+MH Air Cool Hood Reflector Grow Light Kit
I'm on my 4th grow, no problems. 15 oz in 4x4 tent on my last crop.
Everything arrived as described, and works well. I originally was going to buy a much more expensive hood and ballasts, but I'm glad I saved my money. Would buy again.
I purchased 2 of these lights. What you see in the pictures is what you get. I am 100% satisfied with the qaulity of the system. My tomato plants have grown double in sizeStarting to see yellow flowers everywhere.Cu-stomer service was great. Helped me with all my questions. Took five days and I had my order.